Bats and Arboriculture – POSTPONED
Out of stock
Venue: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
The Bats and Arboriculture course has been designed to provide professionals arborists with the ‘basic bat awareness training’ required to meet the recommendations of industry best practice. Delegates will learn the steps to take to minimise the likelihood of harming bats or breaking the law.
This one-day course comprises a mix of indoor and outdoor sessions. The morning is spent indoors covering topics such as bat biology and ecology, legislation and industry guidance. In the afternoon, we put the theory into practice. Delegates will have the opportunity to inspect known bat roosts with endoscopes, under supervision of a licensed ecologist.
We believe this course to be unique in that it offers the opportunity for delegates to see bats in trees using endoscopes. Whilst we cannot guarantee you’ll see bats; we haven’t run a course yet without finding bats!
This course is suitable for professionals in the arboricultural industry, whatever level you operate at.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic bat biology and ecology.
- Identify the legal restrictions placed on tree work by legislation covering bats.
- Undertake a staged assessment of trees prior to commencing tree work.
- Identify and select suitable tools to assist the assessment, and recognise when these can and cannot be used.
- Recognise the limits of your professional knowledge and skills, and know when to seek additional help.
To download a full course brochure, click here.
Please see our Terms and Conditions before booking.