Advanced Bat Survey Techniques – POSTPONED
Out of stock
Venue: Tortworth Estate, South Gloucestershire
The Advanced Bat Survey Techniques course has been designed to introduce professional ecologists to the range of advanced bat survey techniques available when conducting bat surveys. Previously run in conjunction with CIEEM, this course is now exclusively available through BATS Ltd. We see the Advanced Bat Survey Techniques course as one of the jewels in the BATS Ltd training programme.
This two-day course comprises a mix of indoor and outdoor sessions. The morning sessions are spent indoors covering survey methodology, survey design, interpreting results and drawing conclusions. The afternoon sessions put theory into practice. Delegates have the chance to get hands-on by selecting catching locations and setting-up equipment.
During the evening sessions, delegates will have the opportunity to handle (dependent on an up to date rabies vaccination) and identify bats. The Tortworth Estate has 15 species of bats, the most caught on any one course is 12 species!
This course is suitable for ecological professionals with at least a basic understanding of bat ecology.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Clearly identify when and why to use advanced bat survey techniques.
- Identify what ‘question(s)’ the survey will seek to answer.
- Choose an appropriate survey method to answer the ‘question(s)’.
- Deploy and use a range of bat catching equipment.
- Implement surveys within sphere of professional expertise.
- Understand when to engage a specialist.
To download the full course brochure, click here.
Please see our Terms and Conditions before booking.